Menswear from Italy notes growth | Trade News Italy
Home » News » Trade Data News » Menswear From Italy Notes Growth

Menswear from Italy notes growth

Share: 
      Newsletter

READ MORE ON Italian Fashion IndustryMarket ReportMenswearTrade News Italy

Menswear

Image Courtesy: gq.com

Italian fashion and textile industry federation Sistema Moda Italia (SMI) has said that Italian menswear market noted a modest 0.9 per cent revenue growth in the year 2016, reaching almost € 9 billion. Earlier in 2015, the revenue rose by 1.4 per cent.

The value of production is expected to recover as against 2015, reaching a growth of 1.2 per cent. The report estimates an increase in foreign sales of 1.9 per cent corresponding to almost € 5.8 billion.

SMI also predicted that 2017 will began weakly for Italian menswear – initial Spring/Summer 2017 orders are down both domestically (- 4.3per cent) and internationally (- 3.4per cent). Despite this, the companies within the SMI panel display a cautious optimism for 2017; 86 per cent of them expect a “stable” economic situation compared to 2016, while the remaining 14 per cent hope for an improved market performance.

Also ReadGlobal menswear market continues to grow; Brands launch standalone stores

Adding to that, Milan’s Chamber of Commerce states that in 2016 foreign sales of clothing and accessory products (both men’s and women’s) for the Lombardy capital grew by 8 per cent € 5 billion. Including all of Lombardy, which has 14,000 fashion companies, exports surpassed € 9 billion over the first nine months of the year; this 4.7 per cent increase is four times greater than the overall growth rate of Italian exports of 1.2 per cent.

 

Have some news? Let us know on news@apparelresources.com

Recommended by Apparel Resources

Japan records plunge in apparel sales in February

The Japan Department Stores Association has reported that nationwide sales in February 2017 decreased by 1.7 per cent compared to the same month...

Cambodia’s exports up 18 per cent

Cambodia, which mainly exports garment and footwear, has noted 18 per cent growth in its overall exports while imports went up 16 per...

Vietnam gains as US’ apparel imports increase in January

According to data released by OTEXA, the International Trade Administration’s Office of Textiles and Apparel, US’ apparel imports increased in the month of...

Bangladesh’s RMG exports drop in February

According to Export Promotion Bureau (EPB), readymade garments (RGM) exports from Bangladesh in the month of February this year fell from a year...

Bangladesh becomes top denim exporter to EU

Bangladesh gets past China to become the largest denim supplier to the European Union during the January-June period of 2016. The country is...

Indonesia’s textile & apparel exports to decrease 5%

Indonesian textile and apparel exports have been forecasted to decrease by 5 per cent, as compared with the estimated 2016 export value. Production...

India’s AEPC achieves 82.8% exports target till December ’16

Ministry of Textiles, India had set a target of US $ 20 billion for readymade garment (RMG) exports for the financial year 2016-17,...

Bangladesh notes 1.96% decline in apparel exports to US

The volatile US economy and the recent presidential elections have reportedly led to decline in Bangladesh's apparel exports to the country. During the...

India’s December ’16 apparel exports to US down 4.8%

India’s apparel exports to the US fell by 4.8 per cent year-on-year in December 2016. Decline is claimed to be an outcome of...

Cambodia’s exports to US down 7%

The uncertainties in the US presidential race, rising exports from Vietnam and emergence of new market Myanmar resulted in 7 per cent decline...