Fashion brand Burberry’s revenue soars | Retail News UK
Home » News » Retailers News » Fashion Brand Burberrys Revenue Soars

Fashion brand Burberry’s revenue soars

Share: 
      Newsletter

READ MORE ON BurberryRetailer News UKRetail Information

Burberry Store

Image Courtesy: pursuitist.com

UK-based Burberry, a global luxury brand with a distinctive British heritage has made public its second half trading update for the period ended March 31, 2017. During the period, retail revenue totalled £ 1,268 million, up 3 per cent underlying (up 19 per cent at reported FX) while comparable sales increased 3 per cent (Q3 up 3 per cent; Q4 up 2 per cent).

Wholesale revenue stood at £ 327 million, down 13 per cent as against the same period last year. Total revenue was £ 1,607 million, down 1 per cent underlying (up 14 per cent at reported FX), with performance reflecting the implementation of strategic priorities and actions to improve brand positioning, notably in the US.

The digital wing continued to outperform, led by mobile operational excellence and inspired people: simplifying its structure and processes; on track to deliver planned cost savings of £ 20 million in FY 2017 increasing to at least £ 100 million annualized in FY 2019.

While commenting on the results, Christopher Bailey, Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer, said: “In an uncertain environment, we continue to take action to strengthen the brand and reposition Burberry for growth. The outperformance of fashion and the strong customer response to new products underline our renewed creative momentum. I am delighted that Marco and Julie have now joined the business. While we have more to do, as we build on our progress so far, we remain confident about Burberry’s prospects in the longer term.”

 

Have some news? Let us know on news@apparelresources.com

Recommended by Apparel Resources

Amazon’s net sales zooms in first quarter

Amazon.com Inc. has announced financial results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2017. During the period under review, the e-commerce giant’s net...

Duluth Holdings Celebrates Grand Opening of its Twentieth Store in Warwick, Rhode Island

BELLEVILLE, Wis., April 27, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Duluth Holdings Inc. (dba, Duluth Trading Company) (“Duluth Trading”) (NASDAQ:DLTH), a lifestyle brand of men’s and women’s casual wear, workwear and accessories,...

Zivame opens one more Studio in India

Indian lingerie e-retailer Zivame has launched its Studio in Chandigarh. The retailer has already launched its studios in seven cities: Bangalore, Pune, Delhi,...

Kering reports surge in first quarter revenue

Kering, the French holding group which owns fashion brands like Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Brioni, Gucci, Puma, Volcom, Saint Laurent Paris, and other luxury,...

Online fashion retailer Boohoo sees surge in sales

Online fashion retailer Boohoo recently unveiled its sales report for the year ended February 28, 2017. In the reporting period, the company’s net...

J.Crew announces strategic changes; to axe 250 employees

New York (US)-based fashion brand J.Crew has declared several calculated changes across its organization to place itself on a faster growth chart. As...

Fashion brand H&M named ‘Top Global Employer’: Report

Swedish fashion brand Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has been named as Top Global Employer in Business of Fashion’s first ever annual report on The Best...

Sears gets new CFO in six months

American holding company Sears Holdings has recently announced appointment of Rob Riecker, the company’s controller and head of capital market activities as the...

BIBA plans to strengthen its kidswear segment

India-based ethnic wear retailer BIBA is planning to increase the number of its standalone stores for its kidswear category BIBA Girls and also...

LVMH to integrate Christian Dior Couture

The European multinational luxury goods conglomerate LVMH has announced that it is going to integrate the entire Christian Dior brand within the luxury...